The Black Sea – A Sea of Conflict
Connections, the journal of the Partnership for Peace Consortium (PfPC), invites submissions for its upcoming issue which will focus on the contemporary Black Sea security issues, examine the regional impact of the ongoing war in Ukraine, analyze the potential for an institutionalized long-term regional peace and stability.
Potential author will be invited to focus on certain issues such as:
- Region building and institutionalized security structures (BSEC, GUAM, etc.)
- Freedom of Navigation and Connectivity of the Region
- The Black Sea as the main theatre of the UKR war
- Food Security; Grain Deal and Beyond
- BS and Energy Security
- Sanctions and Regional Implications
- National interests and common security prospects in the region
- Manifestation of strategic competition in the region
- Illicit markets in the BS region and their connections with the regional security dynamics
- Extended Black Sea Region and security developments
- Extra regional and global actors in the BS region
- Russian influence operations in the Black Sea region
Connections is a peer-reviewed publication. Articles are unclassified, and readers can access the open-source articles from all over the world. The journal is published in English and then translated and published in Russian, in order to increase its coverage and impact.
Articles should be original manuscripts in the range of 3,000 to 6,000 words, in the English language, written in a lucid and clear style for a target audience of informed defense and security affairs practitioners, and academics.
Articles need to be submitted no later than November 2023. The expected publication for this issue is Spring 2024.
Additional author guidance is available on the Connections website at https://connections-qj.org/guide-authors
Submitted manuscripts will undergo a rigorous peer-review process to ensure the quality and relevance of the contributions. Articles will also undergo a military prepublication review, to prevent the publication of classified or sensitive information.
For inquiries and submission-related matters, please contact email@example.com We look forward to receiving your proposed article.