Connections accepts oroginal manuscripts in the range of 2,000 to 5,000 words, written in a lucid style for a target audience of informed defense and security affairs practitioners and academics.
All manuscripts should be submitted electronically through a member of the Editorial Board or the Connections editorial office and should feature the author’s name, current institutional affiliation, and a provisional title at the top of the first page, and should include footnotes where necessary.
Preferred themes for the FY 2013 publication year include:
- Cyber Deterrence and Cyber Warfare
- Environmental Security: Sources of Cooperation and Conflict
- Crisis Management / Disaster Response
- Lessons Learned for Interoperability
- Security, Stability, and Reconstruction Operations
- Civil-Military Relations in Transformation and Expeditionary
- Integration of Euro-Atlantic Norms and Values
- Innovative Approaches to Defense Education
- Dealing with Armed Non-State Groups
For questions on footnotes and references, please refer to the Chicago Manual of Style, at www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html.
Once published in English, each journal issue is translated and published in Russian, and is disseminated to Russian speaking audiences free of charge.
The Consortium’s family of publications is available at no cost. If you would like to order printed copies for your library, or if you have questions regarding the Consortium’s publications, please contact the PfPC Operations Staff using the contact information on this site.